Friday, June 12, 2009

Kate plus 8, & John everyother weekend.

UPDATE:
So, when I wrote the whole “Trouble in ‘paradise’?”, entry about the famous family, John & Kate plus 8, all the rumors were still rumors, and no one had any proof.

Until a couple of weeks ago, the whole controversial story was somewhat hidden, not being told. But when the story started making headlines and appearing on every magazine cover, every entertainment show, and with their fifth season debuting, John & Kate were at the top of their peak. With nearly 10million viewers tuning into the first episode of their fifth season, everyone was expecting drama, explanations, and wanted to see if this whole ordeal was affecting the kids.

Not even five minutes into the first episode, Kate and John, who usually do the interviews together, but did them apart for the show, addressed the issues. While I was watching the show, I felt they were being extremely honest, and open about the whole situation.

I learned more then I thought I would. I knew they were going too (and had too); address the issues that they are going through. Like I said in part one of this blog, John was rumored to be cheating on Kate with a college girl. He never actually admitted to it on his show, but he did say that he made some horrible mistakes that affected not only him, but his wife and kids. He also admitted that he would have some explaining to do when his kids got older. All Kate said about the situation was, “He's made some very poor decisions, and you know we all have to live with them.” [1]

Also, both Kate and John admitted to not always being there together. When Kate is off doing a book tour or a talk show, John is at home with kids (with an extra nanny of course), and while John is off having a midlife crisis, and skiing with his best friends (and rumored girlfriend), Kate is at home taking care of the kids. So, it’s safe to say that they’re both pulling their weight.

As for the rumors of Kate being an evil mother, who is obsessed with making money, and looking good- that’s still up in the air. Of course she addressed these issues saying how she loves them to death, and they are her world, etc, there’s a big part of me still saying that she’s in it for the money.

However, most of the episode was full of giggles from the happy, but oblivious sextuplet children, while they were having their fifth birthday party. Just on schedule, John wasn’t there to help plan, decorate, or lend a hand for the whole set up of the party. Kate had to rely on the camera men and crew to hang stuff in the big pavilion. Then, once the party started, John came rolling in, in his new sports car, not even acknowledging that Kate was there. No hello, no eye contact, not even a glance in her direction.

Before the birthday party ended, the eight kids all stood in a straight line, with each parent on one side, and took their annual birthday party picture. While Kate was discussing this, her emotional side came pouring out. She stated, “...parents of multiples have triple the divorce rate and thinking we could beat that. I don't know if I can say that. Very swiftly we turned into two very different people. I've tried for six months to figure what the problem is or remedy the problem. I don't know. It's so complicated.” [1]

While the episode came to the end, John & Kate and the eight children decided to have a ‘family’ barbecue in their backyard. While they were showing these images of a ‘happy’ family time, they were also playing a voiceover of John & Kate discussing their future. They both agreed that they were moving in different directions, and were going to be there for the kids, whenever they needed them.

Since my first blog on this topic, my views have changed. I’m no longer a John fan, but I still can’t stand Kate. I’m not sure what parents’ side I’m on, but I’m definitely rooting for the whole family to be normal and happy again.

But, when it comes down to it, I really think, and so do many others, that these two adults will end up spliting up for good. In my opinion, this may help their relationship. They could possibly remain 'friends' for their kids, and not have the awkward run ins.

Also, here’s a very good and interesting video all about Kate. It pretty much sums up what we’ve been talking about in class. If a women is strong, and is able to tell a man what to do, and knows what she wants, everyone calls her a ‘a female dog’. After having that lesson, I do agree that I was a bit harsh on Kate in my first blog. I do have more sympathy for her, and now that I’ve seen her cry and show some emotion that isn’t anger, I finally realize that she is human, and all she wants is happiness in her family.


Video:

SIDENOTE: Kate has announced that she will be coming out with a new cookbook to add to her accomplishments.

[1] “Jon and Kate Plus 8 Season 5 Recap: What Did Jon Gosselin Do?”, nowpublic.com, May 25-2009, June 12-2009
http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/jon-and-kate-plus-8-season-5-recap-what-did-jon-gosselin-do

No comments:

Post a Comment